Tuesday 17 June 2008

Happy Father's Day Dad

Hello everyone. I am Indeed late posting this entry for Father's Day but Sunday just didn't have enough hours In the day!! lol. I only had 4 hours sleep on Saturday night so by Sunday morning I was a tad wobbly and rather hallucinogenic! lol. I woke to my wee treasure In a whisper asking, If It would be okay to give her dad his gifts and the card now? and I said yes. I got up and wished my mister man a happy day and called my own dad to wish him well before I went shopping.

My mum answered the phone and said my dad was In the car waiting for her to go to shopping to the same place as me! lol. We laughed and she said they would be right there to pick us up and we could all go together. Now when It comes to shopping my dad has to be the most patient man on this earth!. He usually stays In the car and just waits and waits! lol. I think with him being a keen fisherman all throughout his life, this has helped Immensley! lol. We got It all done and took a bit longer than we meant but, my dad just laughed.

I got all the shopping put In the boot and we all went across to their house. It is such a lovely place where they stay and you can really relax. I got all comfy and looked at wedding pictures of my parents while my wee treasure was totally taken aback asking If It was really them? lol. The day turned out to be far more special than ever anticipated and my dad was really happy.

When It comes to music, my dad loves all kinds and one of his all time favourites Is Johnny Cash. I have memories from years back hearing him sing and joining In with songs like, Ring Of Fire and Sunday Morning Coming Down, In the back of the car going away our holiday's and the last time I was over visiting we watched a show and film about him. It was really Interesting.

I will leave you now with my all time favourite....Sunday Morning Coming Down. It Is a song that no matter where It Is played, It will always remind me of my dad. I hope you enjoy It. Take Care, Back Soon. Love Pam xx


Well, I woke up Sunday morning
With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt.
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad,
So I had one more for dessert.
Then I fumbled in my closet through my clothes
And found my cleanest dirty shirt.
Then I washed my face and combed my hair
And stumbled down the stairs to meet the day.

I'd smoked my mind the night before
With cigarettes and songs I'd been picking.
But I lit my first and watched a small kid
Playing with a can that he was kicking.
Then I walked across the street
And caught the Sunday smell of someone frying chicken.
And Lord, it took me back to something that I'd lost
Somewhere, somehow along the way.

On a Sunday morning sidewalk,
I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.
'Cause there's something in a Sunday
That makes a body feel alone.
And there's nothing short a' dying
That's half as lonesome as the sound
Of the sleeping city sidewalk
And Sunday morning coming down.

In the park I saw a daddy
With a laughing little girl that he was swinging.
And I stopped beside a Sunday school
And listened to the songs they were singing.
Then I headed down the street,
And somewhere far away a lonely bell was ringing,
And it echoed through the canyon
Like the disappearing dreams of yesterday.

On a Sunday morning sidewalk,
I'm wishing, Lord, that I was stoned.
'Cause there's something in a Sunday
That makes a body feel alone.
And there's nothing short a' dying
That's half as lonesome as the sound
Of the sleeping city sidewalk
And Sunday morning coming down.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi pam, sounds like you all had a wonderful day. Your dad sounds great, my hubby is patient too when it comes to shopping, he doesn't mind standing outside with buggies and dogs!!!LOL take care mrs t xx

Anonymous said...

Great song , glad dad enjoyed the day!

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree ,Fishermen are patient Maurice fishes and ,yes he is very patient lol ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

lovely entry  pam        lovely song.  johnny cash always  did tug  the heart strings a bit.    glad   he  who suffers daily    ( you call him  mr.man      i call him a saint       lolol ) had a lovely  day.  take care   lots of love       mort  xxxx    i even liked the tag         getting  old         i must  be.  xx

Anonymous said...

hi my pam, I loved the song.  Johnny Cash was/is one of my all time favorites.  He has such a strong/beautiful voice and presence.  It sounds like you have a wonderful father.  I loved this entry!  Love, your val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valpish/ThereisaSeason
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/JoyInTheRain

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful song Pam, I still enjoy listening to Johnny Cash, especially when I`m driving.  My hubby`s a keen fisherman too and he has to be patient especially on a day like today when he caught nothing at all...lol! :o)

Love Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Glad you all had a good father's day, there just something about the "Man inBlack" Johnny Cash, i love this song and remember when he sung it when guest starring on Coloumbo...lol

Take care

Yasmin.

PS not heard anything from your sister in a while, hope all is ok.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day with your folks.  I love the song too - so full of feeling.  Have a good rest of the week.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I like that song; I hadn't heard it before! what a delightful day to have with your parents, especially to get to spend time with your dad on his special day! I'm sure he enjoyed it as well as you all did! So neat to find a patient man for shopping too!

betty

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

I love this song, I grew up listening to Johnny Cash too.  It brings back such fond memories of easier times.  It sounds like you had a lovely day with your parents.  I had to laugh at little one wondering if that was really them...how cute.
xx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Awwww your dad sounds lovely and like you say very patient lol ;)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

very touching! thanks!
natalie

salemslot9 said...

Kris Kristofferson wrote this song while living in a tenant slum in Nashville, Tennesssee and is based on his true life experience.

About Kris Kristofferson

an Oxford Rhodes scholar, he became an army captain who dramatically decided to move to Nashville and worked as a janitor while writing songs. When he wrote this song, I'll bet you he was thinking seriously about that career move. It paid off...

I'm a Johnny Cash fan, too