Wednesday 4 June 2008

Aquafit

Hello Everyone. I meant to give you all a wee update about my Aqua Aerobics last week or should I say Battered Body with Brutal Bertha Class! lol. It was just my friend and I that went, and I must admit the Teacher wasn't as brutal as normal. Phew! lol. I had my list all sorted for this week and the numbers were up to 6 which Is a fair few people to be nominating their carcuses for a good old fashioned beating! lol.

I got myself all psyched up for the class and sent the texts to arrange the meeting time for everyone and one by one they all cancelled!. The first one being my wee treasure ,who had sore feet, Then one had to work, One had someone visiting, One had an upset stomach and One was drunk! lol. Hmmm. Well! that left me on my little lonesome. Could I do It? Could I really walk all the way there by myself, climb Into a pool with a load of strangers and do a whole hour's class with Brutal Bertha roaring 'Faster'!.

The answer Is Yes. I did It. I am so pleased that I did. I was nervous and jittery and spent the whole time extremely self conscious, but hey, I did It and I feel good. My confidence has had a wee boost. So the next time you are In that kind of situation, tell yourself this, If Pam can do It, so can I. ;-) I will leave you now with this funny wee video. Hope you enjoy It. Take Care, Back Soon. xx 

P.S. Thanks Mort for the award. You're a star. ;-) xx


 
Tags:

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love water areobics.  I live in South Florida and I find it easier to exercise due to the heat down here.  People don't realize you can get a darn good workout in the pool.

I don't take classes anymore....I just go in my pool and do what I learned to try and take off some pounds I put on after I stopped smoking last year!  Yikes, 40 pounds.............but the best thing is I rid myself of the addiction!

Rose

Anonymous said...

you are a hoot! That was a clever video, I know your class was much better. I could not go alone like that, you rock woman! Dannelle

Anonymous said...

a star?   awww  thanks  hun        you mean i twinkle  n come out at night??   no  thats just  me teeth  lol..    very well done you  for doing class       you rock.  take care  my friend    lots of  love  mort xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Congrats for getting through your class.....love, Christine

Anonymous said...

Good for you getting thru the class.  Enjoy your evening.
Missie

Anonymous said...

Well done for getting through the class, baby steps thats the way to do it to re-build your confidence. Love your graphic...lol

Take care

Yasmin
xx

Anonymous said...

You made it through the class... WOO HOO!
Hugz,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it through the class.  I loved the video and if he was my instructor I'd be the first in line....evil grin.     Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Good job Pam!  Looks like a really fun class! :)

Anonymous said...

so proud of you Pam for going by yourself!!!

that video was cute; made me want to think about taking a water exercise class

betty

Anonymous said...

Well HOORAY FOR YOU PAM!!  That's great, I know it must feel terrific.  Still I'd say you need to improve absoutely nothing about yourself, and I know whatever changes come about you'll stay "star-struck"!  Good seeing you again xo CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/  

Anonymous said...

Very well done Pam ,so pleased Bertha was more gentle you this time ...keep up the good work ,the awrds were a lovely idea ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Cheers to you for doing it!!!  It sounds like a great deal of fun even though it is a workout.  
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Bravo to you, my Pam!  That was a cute video.  LOL  I am very proud of you.  I live near a YMCA.  Gee, I have been wanting to do water aerobics for a long time.  You are inspiring me =).  You take care, my sausage... Love, your val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you I know how scary that must have been I wish we lived closer I would go with you..
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam
Thanks for stopping by my Journal :o)      Loved the video in yours !!!!
Jaynee x

Anonymous said...

Way to go Pam!!  I'm very proud of you for going on your own!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Way to go Pam!!!  You ROCK!  -  Barbara