Monday 12 May 2008

A Little Lost

Thanks D, for this lovely pic. ;-)

Hello Everyone, I have been on a very fast merry-go-round of late and hope to be climbing off very soon. I will try to explain briefly what has been happening In my world. I could no longer stand being made a fool of In my work, so a few weeks back, I gathered my belongings, extremely upset, and left. This Is completely out of character for me as 'loyalty' Is usually my middle name, but I had no choice.

I am still waiting on a phonecall from my boss to ask If, and why, I have left and, If, I am okay. He wasn't there during the hours when I left and I am still shocked at the silence. I thought I meant more to him than that. Sadly you expect this from strangers but not your family. Needless to say, now that so much time has passed, I won't hold my breath!

I ran about like a mad thing trying to find work and filled out numerous application forms. Spent loads of sleepless nights worrying myself sick about money. I got a letter through the post last week to say I had an Interview for a really good job with decent money. I managed to buy a nice chocolate brown velvet suit for £2 from the local charity shop and found accessories here at home to match.

I attended with a nice positive attitude and felt very relaxed. I was Interviewed by 3 people. One lady and 2 men. The lady was a bit off, but the men were fine. I remembered to shake their hands afterwards and thank them for their time. I left, feeling pretty confident.

I received the letter through the post today and passed It to mister man to open It for me. His face told me the answer straight away...Unsuccessful at this time.. blah blah blah. Okay. Plan B. There was no plan B. If I am honest, I am rather flat. Rejection can be quite soul destroying.

I know I could have done that job no problem but I know In my heart that It simply wasn't meant to be and that I need to pick myself up, dust myself down and try again. I will leave you with Mr Michael Buble and his fabulous song called "Lost", Rather apt I thought! lol.

Take Care. Back Soon. xx

"Lost"

I can't believe it's over
I watched the whole thing fall
And I never saw the writing that was on the wall
If I'd only knew
The days were slipping past
That the good things never last
That you were crying

Summer turned to winter
And the snow it turned to rain
And the rain turned into tears upon your face
I hardly recognized the girl you are today
And god I hope it's not too late
It's not too late

'Cause you are not alone
 I'm always there with you
 And we'll get lost together
 Till the light comes pouring through
'Cause when you feel like you're done
 And the darkness has won
 Babe, you're not lost
 When your worlds crashing down
 And you can't bear the thought
  I said, babe, you're not lost

 Life can show no mercy
 It can tear your soul apart
 It can make you feel like you've gone crazy
 But you're not
Things have seemed to change

 There's one thing that's still the same
 In my heart you have remained
 And we can fly fly fly away

'Cause you are not alone
 And I am there with you
 And we'll get lost together
 Until the light comes pouring through
'Cause when you feel like you're done
 And the darkness has won
Babe, you're not lost
When the worlds crashing down
And you can not bear the cross
I said, baby, you're not lost
I said, baby, you're not lost
I said, baby, you're not lost
I said, baby, you're not lost

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember doing the same thing at your age (actually a little later) and the act was right maybe not the timing but eventually it was for the best. Keep looking and don't overlook those little nudges that people drop about so-and-so looking for help- it is amazing where the best positions can be found! Dannelle

Anonymous said...

sorry hun. no  witty remarks from me for once.  ive  been there    it  hurts pam.  but it just means you werent right for them          not   you  AREN'T  right.     you will find something soon, keep looking,  never give  up love.    money worries are the worse        well after health        i got both          and hate  you having to go through it.         so you take care  my friend,  you always cheer me up sweety,when i am down,heres hoping i can do same for you.       lots love  mort  xxxxx        

Anonymous said...

I was on the verge of walking out of my job a couple of weeks ago (so I know how you are feeling), but the manager got told of my imminent plan to walk out and took me in his office to find out what the problem was; after a long talk (and a helluva lot of tears on my part) we agreed to see how things went and so far it is not too bad but the atmosphere is still very strained in the office where I work most of the time......still not sure if I want to stay there. There is something for you round the corner, I am sure of that......things happen for a reason!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear what happened with the job.  There is only one job that got so bad that I too walked away and never had regrets doing so.  It also was/is out of character for me to do such a thing.

Job searching can be so hard on ones self esteem.  I've been in tears many times during job searches.  I will be thinking positive thoughts for you!

Monica

Anonymous said...

Awwww Pammels (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))  Firstly if you EVER need to chat about anything you wanna moan about or just want to vent please don't hesitate to contact me xx  Secondly please don't give up because of one rejection.  Think of it as their loss coz that's what it is...........if it would make you feel better you are more than in your rights to ring them and ask them why.  You can work on whatever went wrong and make yourself 200000000000000000% better...........................I hasten to add that you don't need to do any of this coz your already lovely xx

Jenners

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts and prayers for you my friend.  I can understand why you feel so bad but things will improve for you.  You are a good person and deserve better.
Hugs, Joyce

Anonymous said...

First & foremost sending you good thoughts & Prayers.  I had a wonderful job many years ago and without warning corporate came in and shut us down.  I was offered a position in a big city without a pay raise and there was no way with a higher cost of living I could make it on the wages so I declined.  I was devastated, it was like losing a boyfriend or best friend.  I applied everywhere and although I was qualified and had excellent references I was not hired.  I still don't know why and it didn't matter for I landed another job by accident and it all turned out for the best.  So....don't despair, sometimes we are handed something quite unexpectedly and it turns out to be the best thing in the world.  I know what a scary time it is though while going through it.
My best to you hon,
xxx
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the job situation hon! Your in my thoughts and in my prayers on the smoke. I hope something comes through for you soon. Loved the song. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Oh Pam so sorry you find your self in this situation ,I do hope you find something soon ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will find another job quickly!  Good Luck, I'm keeping my fingers crossd for you.
Missie

Anonymous said...

I AM sorry for what you are going through, but completely agree.......it wasn't meant to be. Another job will come along~Hang tough and keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Much Love,
Angel

Anonymous said...

Wow, sorry, my pam =(.  ~sigh~  I know God has a job that is just right for you.  You remain in my prayers, dear heart.  Love, your val xox
P.S.  Your attitude is great!!
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

Ohh Pam, I had no idea!  How dreadful.  You'll find something good. When it coes to work I've always takent the attitude that when one door closes another opens.  And it's almost always for the better.  Thinking of you....big hugs,  Bethe

Anonymous said...

Yes, you'll dust off and you'll go again!!  Praying that God direct you to just the place you should be.  ;o)  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Your a strong woman and this happened for a reason, cry and pray but most importantly remember you are a great person and you deserve to be respected and treated with dignity, I am sure things look bad now but they will be better in the long run.
hugs
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Its very easy for us to say dont worry something will turn up and you will be ok but for someone as special as you I am sure it will.

Andy xxx

Anonymous said...

I think it took a lot of courage for you to "up and leave" like that, but you do deserve to be treated with respect and consideration.  Hang in there and don't get too discouraged.  
Lori

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam
I`ve got the morning off and so I`m popping by to say hello and catch up.
No-body has a right to make you feel miserable including your boss. Stay around positive people and remember every new day could be the day for good things to happen.

Thinking of you
Amanda and the gang
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your job. I hope you find another one soon. I have been on the job search myself. I went to an interview on monday. I dont think I have gotten the job though. : (  I wil keep looking. My husband is out of work so I decided to look for work as well. I hope things get better for you....love, Christine

Anonymous said...

Pam; I'm so sorry to hear about that with your job; but like I might have said before, I just don't know why people don't treat others with kindness, they wouldn't like to be treated the way they treat others and yet some people continue to be so unkind to others

you were wise to leave that job and I am hoping you will find another one soon

sorry so late in commenting; trying to play catch up after our move :)

betty